Photobucket
Thursday, 3 January 2008

I saw this video on youtube the other day about how Singaporeans can be so inconsiderate and uncaring. There was even a heated debate in the comments section. It really got me thinking, are we really that bad?

I took the train home from school during rush hour. Yes, there were many many many people. And what happened next reminded me of that video. The train arrived, with kiasu singaporeans crowding the entrance. As the doors opened, the people right in front of the doors rushed in, giving no chance for the people inside to exit.

Now I bet most of us are guilty of this. Also, most of us would not consider moving into the centre of the train car to let others in. And this happens ALOT. Yes, I'm not saying as if I'm not guilty of it, but I do try to move in whenever I can.

Well, moving on. On the packed train, I started sneezing alot. All I got were stares until a caucasian lady put away her book to reach into her bag and hand me a tissue. While that happened, I noticed another lady taking out a tissue from her own bag and then covering her nose and mouth with it, probably to keep herself germ free.

I saw kindness and selfishness all at once. Now really, is it so hard to help one another? I have nothing against the lady who sat. But really,are we so occupied with our 'busy' lives to give a little? Many have often heard that a little goes a long way. A simple thing as handing someone a tissue or moving inside the train car to let people in can make that person's day. But I guess its fallen on deaf ears. So for those of you who read this, you can do your part by being considerate. Who knows? Maybe you might be on the receiving end of a stranger's kind gesture one day. It's all karma.

Till next entry!


Voiced.@ 20:33:00

Photobucket
Fa'iz Selamat
@ Fizz.
08/09/89
Nice to meet you.

TAG THIS.

click tracking
PAST
/04.07/05.07/06.07/07.07/08.07/09.07/12.07/01.08/02.08/03.08/04.08/05.08/06.08/07.08/08.08/09.08/10.08/11.08/12.08/01.09/02.09/03.09/04.09/05.09/06.09/07.09