|
|
Search
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Friday, 8 August 2008
8.8.08. The day that I had been eagerly waiting for the whole week. Thursday night-Despite all the loooooooong and arduous hours spent in school, I managed to scrape through. This morning- I'm sick. FUCKINGCHEEBYEFACE. Yes, I'm vulgar. Cancelled plans to go play soccer with Bobo and friends. Sat at home the whole day, watching the world go by. I can't fucking believe it. Anyway, I just realised that I haven't written an entry on poly 50! I don't have any of the photos yet, so bear with me! For those of you who are unaware of poly 50, its an annual relay race held in SP. 50 rounds round a 600metre route, uphill and down. Its contested by teams of 10 and they are given number tags to keep track of how many rounds they've completed. And girls are supposed to run at every 1,5,10,15... etc round, to make things fair. Well, it was seriously scary at first. My heart was pounding with anticipation and the turnout was pretty big. Seeing the number of runners crowding at the three stations made me oh so nervous. I heard a commotion further down from my station and soon I realised that it had begun. A few minutes later we saw the first few runners passing by. Suddenly, the runners were engulfed in a sea of kiasu runners on the lookout for their teammates. I think someone got stampeded. So yes, eventually it was my turn to run for my team. As I ran down the slope leading to the carpark, I noticed that the next checkpoint wasn't too far away and that it wasn't as crowded as the station before. I passed the number tag to my teammate and he sped off. The next round, another member gave me the tag and I headed off to the next station. The route to to this one was hard cause it was upslope. I saw the principal there; he was high fiving runners. I did too. HAH. Upon reaching the third station, I handed the tag to another member and then waited for my next turn. I ran towards the first station when my turn came again, but along the way I came across the collection point for numbertags: Three whole rows of tables with people holding up signs. Naturally, I was stunned. Eventually someone called out my name and I went to them and exchanged my number. I heard a bunch of people cheering me on, so I sprinted off in embarrassment! It was smooth sailing after that. The 50 rounds were okay, it wasn't hard as expected. Before we knew it, it was over! We finished 23rd, an okay result I reckon. We promptly celebrated and took photos, the SPSU way. Okay, back to the Olympics. Till next entry. Voiced.@ 20:37:00 |